- 2 (14-oz) pkg extra-firm tofu, drained
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp garam masala, divided
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 (28-oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- Place tofu between paper towels; top with a heavy skillet and let stand 10 minutes to remove liquid. Cut tofu into ½-inch cubes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add tofu and 1 Tbsp garam masala. Cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove tofu from pan.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp oil, remaining 2 Tbsp garam masala, turmeric, onion, garlic and ginger to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir together flour and half-and-half and add to tomato mixture. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until thickened. Add zucchini and tofu. Cook 5 minutes longer or until zucchini is done. Serve over basmati rice.