- 1 cup butter
- 2 (4-oz) bars unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13-x 9-inch pan with foil, letting excess hang over sides of pan. Coat foil with baking spray with flour.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Beat eggs, sugars and vanilla at medium-high speed with a mixer 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and salt, beating until smooth.
- Gradually beat in chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely.
- Using foil as handles, lift brownies from pan, and cut into bars; sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.