- 1 (8-oz) pkg spaghetti
- 5 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 (8-oz) pkg sliced mushrooms
- ½ (10-oz) pkg frozen peas
- ½ Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ¼ cup pasta water.
- While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large deep skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp drippings in skillet.
- Add mushrooms to drippings, and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned and tender; stir in peas.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute.
- Add pasta and bacon to skillet, toss; cook 2 minutes or until very hot, and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and cheese in a bowl; add to hot pasta mixture.
- Toss mixture, and add ¼ cup hot pasta water and the pepper; toss.
The hot cooked pasta will cook the eggs, but as an option, you can use 2 pasteurized eggs in the recipe. This recipe serves 3; refrigerate leftovers up to 2 days.