- ¼ cup cornstarch, divided
- ½ cup water
- 1 lb snow peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1½ Tbsp Asian chili garlic sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 (16-oz) pkg raw chicken breast strips (see Note)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Stir together 1 Tbsp cornstarch and water in a large bowl until smooth. Add peas, garlic sauce, sugar, and soy sauce; toss.
- Whisk together egg whites, 3 Tbsp cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken; toss.
- Cook chicken, in 2 batches, in 1 Tbsp hot oil per batch in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until done, shaking off excess cornstarch mixture before adding chicken to skillet. Remove from skillet.
- Add snow pea mixture to skillet. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add chicken to skillet; toss.
Serve this over the Gingered Cauliflower-Brown Rice recipe, if desired. Chicken breast strips may be labeled "chicken cut for stir-fry" or "chicken cut for fajitas" at your supermarket's meat counter. If you can't find it, ask the butcher to slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts into strips for you.