Pork Tenderloin with Kale PestoRoasted Garlic Carrots
- 2 (1-lb) pork tenderloin
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- ¾ tsp pepper, divided
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups baby kale
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Sprinkle pork with ½ tsp each salt and pepper. Cook in 2 Tbsp hot oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned, turning often.
- Carefully transfer skillet to oven, and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion reads 145°F. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook nuts in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant. Grate zest from lemon to equal 1 tsp and squeeze juice to equal 1 Tbsp.
- Process nuts, cheese, ¼ cup oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, kale, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Serve pesto with pork.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 2 (12-oz) pkg rainbow baby carrots
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Side Dish Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Halve larger carrots lengthwise. Toss carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, oil, and lemon juice on a greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; toss with parsley.
|Sat. Fat (g)||4||1||5|
Quick & Healthy Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Quick & Healthy Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online