- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 8 oz spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1½ lb zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook beef, onion, and garlic in a large, deep skillet over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly; drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in broth, tomato sauce, cumin, and chili powder; bring to a boil, and stir in pasta. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini; cover and simmer until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted.
Garnish with cilantro and sour cream, if on hand.