Summer Vegetable ChowderHot Cooked Cornbread
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 (32-oz) cartons chicken broth
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 (12-oz) pkg frozen butter beans
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in corn, zucchini, butter beans, jalapeño, cumin, and cream. Simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 2 (6-oz) pkg buttermilk cornbread mix
Side Dish Instructions
- Bake cornbread according to package directions.
Classic Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Classic Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online