Recipe selected from the eMeals Clean Eating Family Plan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone-in pork chops
- ¾ teaspoon salt, ¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 Gala (or other sweet) apples, sliced
- 1 onion, cut in half and sliced
- ¾ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat; sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Brown pork, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- Add apples and onion to skillet; reduce heat to medium.
- Sauté 5 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Return pork chops to pan; add chicken broth and thyme.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat 4 minutes or until pork chops are done.
- 4 slices natural, uncured bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 6 minutes or until crisp; drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Add garlic to skillet; sauté 1 minute or until tender.
- Add Brussels sprouts; sauté 4 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in broth, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer or until liquid has evaporated and Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Crumble bacon over top.