- ½ cup gluten-free plain yellow cornmeal
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp pepper
- 6 fresh or frozen (thawed) catfish fillets (see note), patted dry with paper towels
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat broiler. Combine cornmeal, paprika, thyme, garlic powder, dill, ½ tsp salt and the pepper in a shallow dish.
- Coat both sides of fish fillets with cooking spray, and dredge in cornmeal mixture. Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil, 6 inches from heat, 3 minutes per side or until fish flakes with a fork. Sprinkle fish with remaining ¼ tsp salt. Serve with lemon wedges.
Substitute any mild, firm fish, such as grouper, for catfish, if desired.