- 1½ lb ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-oz) can chicken broth
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 cups uncooked gluten-free rotini pasta
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- Cook ground chuck, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, 2 Tbsp water, zucchini, pasta, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender. Sprinkle with cheese and basil, if desired.
If your kids don't like zucchini, you can leave it out.