Mediterranean Beef SoupHerbed Paleo Breadsticks
- 2½ lb boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 (32-oz) carton organic beef broth
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-oz) bag parsnips, sliced
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (10-oz) bag baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp drained capers
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Cut beef into 1-inch pieces; lightly season with salt and pepper, and place in a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, parsnips, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and rosemary.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in spinach, capers and vinegar; let stand 10 minutes for spinach to wilt.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1⅓ cups almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
Side Dish Instructions
- Whisk 2 eggs in a small bowl, and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, ½ tsp salt, and coconut oil; stir to blend. Stir in eggs.
- Add 1 Tbsp coconut flour to almond flour mixture. Allow coconut flour to be absorbed. Repeat with remaining 2 Tbsp coconut flour or until dough is easy to knead.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide dough into 12 balls, about 1¼ inches each. Roll dough into 12 ropes, 7 to 8 inches long. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Combine garlic powder, seasoning and ½ tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Whisk remaining egg. Remove breadsticks from oven. Brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Return to oven, and bake 4 to 5 minutes longer or until golden.
Paleo Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Paleo Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online