- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup raw walnut pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (5-oz) pkg baby spinach
- Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 1 inch and 1 tsp salt. Bring water to a boil.
- Remove from heat; let stand, covered,15 minutes. Drain. Run cold water over eggs; peel and cut eggs in half (or coarsely chop).
- Meanwhile, toast walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Toss avocado in lemon juice.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, and garlic salt; pour evenly into bottom of 4 wide-mouth quart-size mason jars.
- Layer evenly with cucumber, bell pepper, avocado, eggs, spinach and walnuts. Top each with a lid; seal jars. Chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, shake jars well. Eat right from the jars, or pour salads into a salad bowl.
To maintain the crisp texture of the vegetables and salad greens, pour dressing into jars before layering with the remaining ingredients.