Cheese and Black Bean EnchiladasJicama-Avocado Salad
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 small whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 (16-oz) jars enchilada sauce
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cumin. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beans; cook just until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon bean mixture evenly onto each tortilla, and top evenly with 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam side down, in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas. Top with remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast pepitas in a skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes or until golden and fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Top with feta, and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and toasted pepitas.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados
- 1 small jicama
Side Dish Instructions
- Whisk together oil, lime rind, lime juice, honey, cilantro, and desired amount of salt and pepper in a serving bowl.
- Peel and slice avocados. Peel and cut jicama into match-stick slices.
- Add avocados and jicama to bowl, tossing gently.
Vegetarian Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Vegetarian Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online