- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 (10-oz) bag mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 12 (3-inch) plastic Easter eggs
- Purple, pink or other color sanding sugars (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows, vanilla and salt; cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows melt.
- Remove from heat; gradually stir in cereal until coated.
- Spray inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray.
- Working with damp hands, gently pack cereal mixture into both halves of each plastic egg.
- Close each plastic egg, pressing so that cereal halves join together to form egg shape.
- Let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently release each rice cereal egg from each plastic mold.
- Sprinkle top half of each egg with colored sugars, if desired.
- Place decorated cereal eggs in a clean, dry egg carton until dry.
- These treats are best enjoyed the same day they're made.
- Makes 12 servings.