- 5 lb sweet potatoes
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- Praline Topping (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 400°F; coat a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; bake 40 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle; peel potatoes, and place potato pulp in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, milk, melted butter, eggs, and salt; mash with a potato masher until combined but still chunky.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish; sprinkle with Praline Topping. Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Sweet potatoes may be baked and casserole assembled up to 2 days ahead. Store covered in refrigerator. Let casserole stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.