Chicken and Zucchini "Noodle" SoupButter Lettuce with Strawberries and Almonds
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 zucchini
- Combine carrots, celery, onion and garlic in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Top with chicken. Pour broth over chicken; stir in thyme, bay leaves, and 1 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken, bay leaves, and thyme sprigs from broth; shred chicken, and discard bay leaves and thyme.
- Return chicken to broth in slow cooker.
- Use a spiralizer to cut each zucchini into noodle-shaped strands .
- Or cut zucchini lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, stack 3 slices at a time, and cut lengthwise into thin strips to resemble noodles.
- Divide "noodles" among 6 serving bowls; ladle chicken soup over noodles.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 2 (10-oz) pkg butter lettuce blend
- 2 cups sliced celery plus 1 cup celery leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup raw almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Side Dish Instructions
- Combine lettuce, sliced celery, celery leaves, parsley, strawberries and almonds in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Paleo Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Paleo Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online