Almond-Date Energy BarsSliced Oranges
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- ⅓ cup raw pepitas
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup chopped pitted dates, divided
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread almonds, pepitas and sunflower seeds on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Process almond mixture in a small food processor until coarsely chopped; transfer to a large bowl, and stir in chia seeds.
- Process ¼ cup dates, 2 Tbsp warm water, maple syrup, egg white and ¾ tsp kosher salt until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Add date mixture and ¼ chopped dates to almond mixture; stir until blended.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan with oil; spread almond-date mixture into pan, pressing firmly into an even layer.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown; let cool 15 minutes.
- Cut into bars to serve.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 4 oranges
Side Dish Instructions
- Peel and slice oranges; serve alongside energy bars.
Paleo Breakfast Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Paleo Breakfast Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online