- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1½ lb skirt steak, cut crosswise into 2 equal pieces (or use flank steak)
- 1 lb Broccolini
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk together vinegar, ¼ cup oil, mustard, garlic, ¾ tsp salt and pepper in a bowl. Reserve ¼ cup. Add steak to remaining oil mixture.
- Combine Broccolini and 1 Tbsp oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and walnuts. Place a wire rack over Broccolini on pan.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Cook steak in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes per side or until browned. Place steak on wire rack over baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Let steak stand 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain, and place on a platter with Broccolini.
- Drizzle steak and Broccolini with reserved ¼ cup oil mixture.
Cooking the steak on a rack above the Broccolini lets all those pan juices drip down and flavor the veggies. You can bake the steak directly on the pan with the Broccolini; just be sure to flip the steak once during cooking.