- 1 (8.5-oz) pouch microwavable elbow pasta
- 1½ Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz) pkg baby spinach
- 1½ Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- ⅓ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt ½ Tbsp butter in a small broiler-safe skillet over medium-high heat; add tomatoes, and cook 4 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst. Gradually add spinach, in batches, stirring until wilted and adding water, 1 Tbsp at a time, if needed. Remove from skillet.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in skillet over medium heat; whisk in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk and broth.
- Cook, whisking often, 8 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Gradually whisk in 6 Tbsp cheese until melted. Stir in tomato-spinach mixture and pasta; sprinkle with 2 Tbsp cheese.
- Transfer skillet to oven, and broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
Microwavable elbow pasta cooks in 60 seconds. If you don't have a small ovenproof skillet, use a large skillet and spoon pasta mixture into a small baking dish.