Shrimp ChowderBibb Lettuce and Orange Salad
- 1 leek
- 8 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (32-oz) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 (22-oz) pkg refrigerated diced potatoes with onion (such as Simply Potatoes)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ lb peeled and deveined, large wild-caught raw shrimp
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives (or use green onion)
- Cut leek in half lengthwise, and thinly slice white and light green parts only. Rinse under cold water.
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp drippings in pot. Crumble bacon.
- Cook leek and garlic in hot drippings 2 minutes or until tender. Add broth, milk, potatoes, and salt; bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher to thicken soup. Stir in shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Top with bacon and chives.
Side Dish Ingredients
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Side Dish Instructions
- Toast nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant. Arrange lettuce leaves on plates. Top with orange sections and nuts.
- Whisk together oil, juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salads.
|Sat. Fat (g)||4||2||6|
Quick & Healthy Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Quick & Healthy Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online