Barbecue Chicken Lettuce WrapsPineapple and Avocado Relish
- 3 lb bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
- 6 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup unsulphured molasses
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, leaves separated
- Pineapple and Avocado Relish (recipe follows)
- Place chicken in a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker; top with onion.
- Stir together tomato sauce, vinegar, molasses, maple syrup, mustard, and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- Pour half of mixture over chicken, stirring gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce mixture up to 1 week.
- Cover chicken, and cook on LOW 8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from cooker; shred meat, discarding bones.
- Serve chicken in lettuce leaves.
- Top with Pineapple and Avocado Relish; drizzle with reserved barbecue sauce.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 1 (16-oz) container cored pineapple, chopped
- 2 organic red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Side Dish Instructions
- Stir together pineapple, bell peppers, avocados, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
Clean Eating Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Clean Eating Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online