General Tso's ChickenGingered Cauliflower-Brown Rice
- ¼ cup cornstarch, divided
- ½ cup water
- 1 lb snow peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1½ Tbsp Asian chili garlic sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Stir together 1 Tbsp cornstarch and water in a large bowl until smooth. Add peas, garlic sauce, sugar, and soy sauce; toss.
- Whisk together egg whites, 3 Tbsp cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken; toss.
- Cook chicken, in 2 batches, in 1 Tbsp hot oil per batch in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until done, shaking off excess cornstarch mixture before adding chicken to skillet. Remove from skillet.
- Add snow pea mixture to skillet. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add chicken to skillet; toss.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 1 (10-oz) pkg frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 (10-oz) pkg frozen brown rice
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Side Dish Instructions
- Cook cauliflower and rice according to package directions.
- Stir together cauliflower, brown rice, soy sauce, and ginger; sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
|Sat. Fat (g)||2||0||2|
Low Calorie Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Low Calorie Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online