Penne Pasta with Bacon and Pan-Roasted TomatoesBrûléed Plums with Sweetened Sour Cream
- 8 oz whole-grain penne pasta
- 8 slices center-cut bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pints grape tomatoes (see Note)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp; drain bacon, reserving 2 Tbsp drippings in skillet. Break bacon into large pieces.
- Add garlic to hot drippings; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes are about to burst. Add wine; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in basil.
- Combine pasta, bacon, and tomato mixture; sprinkle each serving with cheese. Garnish with additional basil leaves, if desired.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 6 plums, halved
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 6 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
Side Dish Instructions
- Preheat broiler. Place plums, cut sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with 3 Tbsp sugar.
- Broil 2 minutes or until sugar is melted and beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, stir together sour cream and 1 Tbsp sugar. Serve plums with sour cream mixture.
|Sat. Fat (g)||4||1||5|
Low Calorie Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Low Calorie Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online