Vietnamese Grilled Flank SteakGrapefruit and Papaya Slaw
- 1 lime
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp refrigerated ginger paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1½ lb flank steak
- Grate zest and squeeze juice from lime. Whisk together zest, juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, oil, ginger, garlic, and pepper in a shallow container or large zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- Reserve ¼ cup marinade for basting in a second bowl. Add steak to remaining marinade; let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill steak, covered, 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired doneness, basting with reserved ¼ cup soy sauce mixture. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing across the grain.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 1 (16-oz) pkg tricolor coleslaw
- 2 cups refrigerated grapefruit segments
- 2 cups peeled, diced papaya (or use mango)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup roasted, salted cashews
- ½ cup refrigerated ginger-honey dressing (such as Litehouse)
- 1 avocado, sliced
Side Dish Instructions
- Toss together all ingredients except avocado in a large bowl. Top with avocado.
|Sat. Fat (g)||3||2||5|
Low Calorie Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Low Calorie Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online