Three Bean-Veggie ChiliJicama and Bell Pepper Slaw
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ (16-oz) pkg dried black beans
- ½ (16-oz) pkg dried pinto beans
- 2 (28-oz) cans whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
- 6 to 7 cups water
- 2 (15-oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups peeled, cubed butternut squash
- Cook carrots, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Combine carrot mixture, both beans, tomatoes, 4 thyme sprigs, and 5 cups water in a 7-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 7 hours. Stir in chickpeas, squash, and 1 to 2 cups water, if needed. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour or until beans are tender. Discard thyme sprigs.
- Chop leaves from 1 thyme sprig, and stir into chili.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 2 large jicama, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
Side Dish Instructions
- Cut jicama into sticks. Combine jicama, bell peppers, and green onions in a bowl.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, cumin, and salt; drizzle over salad, and toss. Cover and let stand 15 minutes; toss before serving.
Vegan Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Vegan Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online