Lentil Bolognese over Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- 3 lb spaghetti squash
- 5 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 (28-oz) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups dry red wine (vegan, if available)
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut squash in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place, cut sides up, on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with 3 Tbsp oil, and sprinkle with ½ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes or until squash is almost tender; turn over, and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic in 2 Tbsp hot oil in a Dutch oven 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add onion, carrots, and celery; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, wine, lentils, Italian seasoning, tomato paste, and ½ tsp each salt and pepper. Cover; bring to a simmer. Cook 30 to 40 minutes or until lentils are tender and sauce is thickened.
- Cool squash slightly, and shred using 2 forks; toss with basil. Serve bolognese sauce over squash.
Vegan Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Vegan Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online