Mediterranean Fish StewGarlic-Herb Bread and Mixed Green Salad
- 1 (8-oz) pkg chopped onions
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mussels
- 1 lb cod fillets, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 (8-oz) bottle clam juice (or use fish stock)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cook onions and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Meanwhile, scrub mussels with a scrub brush; remove beards. Discard any unopened, cracked, or heavy mussels; they're filled with sand .
- Add fish to pot; cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until lightly cooked. Stir in all remaining ingredients except mussels; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add mussels; cover and cook 7 minutes or until mussels are opened. Discard any unopened mussels.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 6 (1-oz) slices French bread
- 1 (8.6-oz) pkg creamy balsamic salad kit (such as Dole)
Side Dish Instructions
- Preheat broiler. Stir together oil, garlic, and seasoning; spread on cut sides of bread on a baking sheet. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Prepare salad kit according to package directions.
|Sat. Fat (g)||1||1||2|
Quick & Healthy Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Quick & Healthy Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online