Beef Stew with Kale and White BeansHot Cornbread
- 2 lb boneless top sirloin roast, well trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans BPA-free organic diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-oz) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika (or use regular)
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 bunch organic lacinato kale, chopped
- 2 (15-oz) cans BPA-free great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Combine first 7 ingredients, salt and pepper in a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.
- Increase heat to HIGH, and stir in kale and beans. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Stir in vinegar.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 2½ cups whole-grain cornbread mix (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 1¼ cups water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
Side Dish Instructions
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions.
Slow Cooker Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Slow Cooker Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online