Falafel Cakes with TzatzikiMelon Salad with Feta
- 1 small seedless cucumber, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine cucumber, yogurt, mint and lemon juice in a bowl; set aside.
- Place garlic, chickpeas, flour, parsley, tahini, baking powder, cumin, lemon, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until chickpeas are finely ground.
- Shape mixture into 12 cakes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 6 patties to pan; cook 4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 2 Tbsp oil and cakes.
- Serve with cucumber mixture.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- ½ shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 1½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Side Dish Instructions
- Combine cantaloupe, shallot and feta in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, honey and oil; pour dressing over salad, tossing to coat.
Vegetarian Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Vegetarian Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online