Quick Shrimp Scampi
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra, if needed
- 1½ lb (680 g) large shrimp, peeled, deveined and patted dry
- Salt and pepper to taste (⅛ tsp each)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Large pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup (120 ml) dry white wine
- 4 Tbsp (55 g) unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 lemon, zested and halved lengthwise, one half cut into wedges
- Large handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then put them in the skillet in a single layer.
- Cook, undisturbed, until the bottoms of the shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute. Flip the shrimp over and cook until almost cooked through, about 1 minute more. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic, pepper flakes and a little more oil if the pan seems dry; cook, stirring often, until the garlic just starts to turn golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine, scraping up any caramelized bits from the bottom of the pan, and simmer until most of the wine has evaporated. Whisk in the butter one piece at a time, then season the sauce with salt and lemon juice from one lemon half.
- Add the cooked shrimp, any juices accumulated on the plate, the lemon zest and parsley (if using) and toss together until the shrimp are warmed through, about 1 minute. Serve with lemon wedges, if you like.
|Sat. Fat (g)||9||9|
EatingWell Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals EatingWell Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online