Sriracha Meatball Hoagies
- ½ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- ½ medium jicama, peeled and cut into small strips
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tough outer layer discarded, sliced
- 1½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 Tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 4 (4-inch-long) soft hoagie or sub rolls, split and lightly toasted
- Cilantro and thinly sliced jalapeño, for serving
- In small saucepan, bring vinegar and ¼ cup water to a simmer. Remove from heat and add jicama and carrots and let mixture cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat grill on medium. In food processor, pulse mint, garlic, shallot, lemongrass and fish sauce until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl along with pork and 1 Tbsp sriracha and mix to combine.
- Shape the mixture into 16 meatballs. Grill, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 min.
- While meatballs cook, combine mayonnaise and remaining 2 Tbsp sriracha. Spread on insides of rolls. Drain jicama and carrots, add to rolls along with meatballs, cilantro and jalapeños.
|Sat. Fat (g)||10||10|
Good Housekeeping Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Good Housekeeping Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online