Coffee Cannoli Cake
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Mascarpone Filling (recipe follows)
- 1 (16-oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: grated bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with baking spray with flour.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir together milk and espresso powder in a medium bowl until espresso powder is dissolved.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in sour cream. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Mascarpone Filling in between layers. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle top of cake with grated chocolate, if desired. Store cake covered in refrigerator up to 5 days.
|Sat. Fat (g)||0||0|
Occasions Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Occasions Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online