Sloppy Joe-Topped Rice
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- ¾ lb ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1½ Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook beef, onion, and bell pepper in a large skillet over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly; drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, and cumin; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide rice between 2 shallow bowls. Spoon meat mixture over rice. Sprinkle with cheese.
Budget Friendly Meal Plan
This recipe selected from the eMeals Budget Friendly Meal Plan.
Each Dinner Plan Includes:
- Seven Dinner Menus
- Matching Grocery List
- Access via App or Online